Company name on request
Junior Researchers in Computational Finance
Our client is a Global Investment Management Company is seeking Researchers to join their team based in Limassol, Cyprus. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world leader in quantitative finance to focus on researching and developing state of the art trading infrastructure.
We are looking for 1st class or equivalent qualification in mathematics or other scientific or engineering discipline, with a relevant PhD in hard sciences to work in the area of computational finance. The objective is to help develop the suite of models across a variety of asset classes (i.e. FX, Futures, Equity), identify new sources of data and assist in maintaining the state-of-the art trading platform. In addition, the role involves statistical analysis of portfolio risk and returns, involvement in the portfolio management process and monitoring and analysing transactions on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate should have very good quant skills, ideally a PhD in Hard sciences/Engineering or Mathematics and a good grasp of Statistics, together with excellent all round analytical and programming abilities.
The following skills are prerequisites for the job:
• Practical experience in research with mathematical modeling content, data analysis and statistics
• Strong, methodical problem solving and numerical reasoning skills
• Solid programming experience with Python or other modeling languages. Good knowledge of additional OO programming languages an advantage
• Fundamental SQL/relational database experience
• Self driven, ability to work independently and take projects from inception to completion
• Flexibility to travel abroad when required
• Able to work well under pressure and have proactive approach to implementing enhancements and process improvements whilst maintaining precision
• Desire to learn and ability to work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects
We offer a stimulating environment with exciting personal growth and long-term career opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.