Company name on request
IT Services Company
We have an IT Services Company based in Kempston, Bedford seeking a permanent 2nd Line Support Engineer. It pays £26-30k pa + excellent benefits (see below). Please email attaching latest CV + state minimum salary requirement and notice period should you be interested:
Our client is an award-winning technology services company. The client has been going since 2006 with an established growth record, fantastic clients and an excellent working environment. Committed to delivering high touch IT support, our aim is to provide the highest levels of service coupled with a great working environment.
You will be a 2nd line service desk engineer working on our Central service desk based at our office in Bedford, Bedfordshire. The service desks are managed by our Service Delivery Manager.
Your role will be to provide 2nd line technical support to some of our key clients. To maintain a high degree of client service ensuring responses are accurate. As an initial point of escalation for our 1st line team, you will be required to take escalations, fully understand the problem and resolve within agreed SLAs.
Overall responsibly for the progression and effective resolution of all support cases received in accordance with our SLA’s and KPI’s and managing client accounts from a technical perspective.
Technical Skills Required:
Windows Desktop (7,8.1,10),
• Experience of software and hardware troubleshooting
• Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
• Knowledge of Cloud storage solutions, OneDrive, SharePoint, DropBox, etc…
• Advanced Windows 10 Desktop Administration
• Application and OS deployment
Windows Server (2012 R2, 2016, 2019, Hyper V)
• Install, configure and troubleshoot issues
• Good working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, Terminal Services and DHCP, AD Domain services, MFA Server and SSO
• Proactive server monitoring and reporting
• Backup monitoring and reporting
• 365 Maintenance, Configuration, Changes (adds/removes/password resets/migrations)
• Deep expertise in SharePoint online and teams online
• Strong understanding and capability using PowerShell relating to Office 365 services and Azure AD. Ability to automate and standardise configurations by script
• Understanding of networking and troubleshooting
• Basic understanding of IP addresses, DNS and what makes up an IT network
• Diagnosing internet connection issues
• Diagnosing Wi-Fi issues and performing Wi-Fi Surveys
• Basic Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
• Understanding of printer errors, printer configurations, including reinstalling drivers and changing printer options within Windows.
You will be a dedicated and experienced IT Support engineer with 2 or more years’ experience ideally working for an MSP. Over the next 12 months we expect you to:
• Exceed our SLAs and ensure our 30 minute call back guarantee is maintained
• Manage onboardings of clients and their teams
• Achieve consistent 5 star on all Customer satisfaction surveys
• Take ownership of technical escalation
• Follow established escalation process for critical or high priority issues as identified onsite
• Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase, assets
• Refer to internal knowledgebase, assets, internal/external resources to provide accurate solution
• Be able to work under pressure
• Have a flexible working attitude
• To be reliable and honest
• Produce and keep up to date documentation on client’s systems
• Floor walk and assist the 1st line team
• Produce weekly playbooks and report to senior management team
• Be proactive
• Mentor our 1st line engineers
30 Days annual leave plus 1 day, 2 weeks either side of your Birthday
Private Healthcare including 24hr GP Service, In-patient/Out-patient care, Therapies cover & Advanced Cancer Care cover
Mental Health & Wellbeing programmes
Audio, Optical & Dental cover
Reward Programme with an estimate value of £,1750 per year
Great working environment with friendly team Contributory pension scheme Receive up to 10 days of relevant training per year A tailored professional and personal development plan
High performance computers for all employees Work in a modern environment, we have break out areas for those quiet times.
Tel: 01234 214571 / 357926
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.